||1. You'll need 3 colors for this design. Most of your icing will be the yellow. Make small amounts of black and green for the pestles and stem. For a royal icing recipe, click here.
2. To make black icing, mix a small amount of cocoa powder with your icing to take it to a nice dark brown. Then, add your black food coloring. Your icing will require less food coloring and taste great too!
3. Using a squeeze bottle, put a silver dollar sized dollop of icing in the center of the flower. Use a small brush to push the icing to the edges of each petal. Allow to dry for several minutes or until the icing begins to crust.
4. Put the same color icing into a pastry bag -- this icing will be a little thicker than the icing in the bottle. Use a #3 or #4 tip. Outline the petals as seen in the picture.
5. Fill a pastry bag or squeeze bottle fitted with a #2 tip and use the black icing to add the pestles as seen in the picture.
6. Use a small squeeze bottle or pastry bag to add the green icing to the stem.
7. Allow cookies to dry for several hours before storing. If you're using royal icing, the cookies can be frozen. Remember to bring the container back to room temperature before opening to avoid condensation on the cookies.